As we step into 2022, we are full of hope and well-founded optimism. Although 2021 was yet another year marked by Covid-19, it was also a year of transformative growth and innovation in the digital therapeutics space.
At Sidekick Health, we continue to envision a world where digital care and in-person care intersect and support each other at various stages in the patient journey. By providing personalized digital health solutions and empowering people to manage their health and well-being, we believe we can facilitate a shift from reactive healthcare to proactive, patient-centric healthcare that improves operational and financial efficiencies, and brings health systems’ long-term strategies into reality.
We’re encouraged by the opportunities and possibilities we see for digital therapeutics in 2022, but before work can begin, let’s take a moment to appreciate and reflect on everything that’s happened in 2021—we have a lot to be grateful for.
Mind … our business
Making an Impact One Partnership at a Time
Improving the health of humanity requires strategic partnerships and a shared vision to improve and personalize healthcare. Sidekick has entered into new partnerships, which are due to be unveiled later this year, to develop evidence-based digital therapeutic solutions for people with chronic conditions.
- We’re getting ready to scale up our offering to large numbers of people battling chronic conditions in collaboration with a prominent US-based payer partner. We will be launching programs in at least five different therapeutic areas with this new partner which is an important step on our journey to improve the health of millions of people around the globe. Watch out for the upcoming news about this.
- In 2021, we entered into four new markets, and this year we will be expanding our global footprint to include the US, Canada and Japan, by rolling out in 14 new markets with one of our existing pharmaceutical partners.
- The global cancer burden is significant and increasing and Sidekick is proud to join the fight against this disease. We’ll be partnering with a major pharmaceutical company in 2022 and will start by supporting breast cancer patients in Germany, and later moving into other markets, by developing a combination treatment in the drug development phase, consisting of a traditional therapeutic and a digital therapeutic.
Doing Good by Doing Well
Doing good by doing well is a core belief within the Sidekick family, so we’ve made it possible for people to give back while also taking active steps to improve their own health and quality of life.
- Sidekick has formed a partnership with charity: water, a non-profit organization tackling the water crisis by giving people in developing countries in Southeast Asia and Africa access to clean and safe drinking water. By allowing users to donate to the cause by collecting water drops in the Sidekick app we plan to make an impact on the lives of many across the globe.
- So far, 113,200 liters of water have been donated to people in need through our app, and we’re excited to keep the project going with charity: water.